Reporting to:Regional Manager
Find out more about Cook Medical here
- Meet or exceed the sales targets set by Speciality Management by working independently in assigned territory to present and sell products and services to physicians, hospitals, outpatient facilities, health care facilities, purchasing organizations, purchasing groups, multi-hospital systems, health care provider alliances, and other key decision makers
- Demonstrate an excellent knowledge of the product range of the Speciality and a sound understanding of the associated medical discipline.
- Provide technical training and support to medical personnel on the use of Cook’s medical devices as required.
- Develop and maintain an annual business plan which includes but is not limited to the following:
o anticipated sales increases
o risk management
o sales opportunities
o anticipated competitive activity
o contingency plans
- Follow-through on customer requests and commitments
- Monitor market share and competitor activity in the assigned territory.
- Participate in local and international exhibitions and meetings as requested.
- Identify, establish and develop relationships with key clinical and non-clinical decision-makers
- Work closely and effectively with the other members of the sales team and with Cook support functions in order to provide the best possible service to the customer and the patient.
- Work closely and effectively with members of Cook’s Commercial and Business Care Integration teams to develop contractual opportunities with customers and maximize the service provided to the customer and patient.
- Seek and evaluate new product ideas, providing adequate information and facilitate ongoing communication. Assist in product evaluations and/or clinical studies as appropriate.
- Understand and follow Cook quality policies and procedures with respect to Complaint Handling, Product Returns, Samples, Consignment Stock and any other areas as appropriate.
- Compliance with, and accountability for all policies within the Cook Employee Handbooks, Cook Code of Conduct, Policy and Guidance on Interaction with Healthcare Professionals, Cook’s Privacy Regulations, and all other applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. Employee is further required to sign and comply with Cook’s Confidentiality and Non-Competition Agreements.
- Ability to meet frequently with customers and other decision makers.
- Ability to travel frequently throughout assigned territory.
- Previous medical sales experience preferred.
- Product or Procedural knowledge an advantage.
- Good communication and inter-personal skills.
- Language Skills – good written and verbal command of English and other relevant languages.
- Excellent numeric skills.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft® Office.
- Proven problem-solving skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- High self-motivation.